Surfaceform is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Surfaceform may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22nd May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including address, email address, phone numbers
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- How you use our website and whether you open or forward our communications, including (if applicable) information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will only share your information with other organisations where we have your permission to do so in accordance with this Policy or where we believe it is necessary for a legitimate reason connected with the Website and/or the Services.
- Below is a list of some third parties we work with. We may work with third parties listed or stop working with the third parties listed below:
- Google Analytics: We work with Google Analytics to monitor website performance and user experience.
- ESP: We work with ESP to manage emails, provide the server infrastructure and maintain our server.
How do we collect your personal information
The main ways we collect your information are by:
- you directly contacting us through our website or our telephone number to request information about our products and services
- you replying to our direct marketing campaigns
- you interacting with our products and services at a trade show
- acquiring your personal data from other sources with your permission
Where we store your data
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, or giving us a ‘+1’ via Google Plus, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
Compliance with legal requests for your information
To comply with our legal obligations to law enforcement, regulators and the court service we may be legally required to provide your information to law enforcement agencies, regulators and courts and third party litigants in connection with proceedings or investigations anywhere in the world. Where permitted, we will direct any such request to you or notify you before responding unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime.
While data that is transmitted over the Internet it cannot be guaranteed as secure we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with applicable data protection requirements.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
When you use the Website, we use Google Analytics to collect information about your visit to our Website. You can find more information about Google Analytics here. In essence, Google Analytics enables us to analyse how you and others interact with our Website. The information we collect may include:
- your IP address;
- the type of browser you use (e.g. are you using the Chrome or Safari browser?); and
- the number of sessions per browser on each device;
- the type of device (e.g. Samsung) and operating system (e.g. Android) you are using;
- referrer information;
- time zone;
- user preferences; and
- which pages you visited.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. This will remove all details from the cookie. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How you can reject cookies
Click on the following links to find out how to reject cookies on the different browsers:
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.